Postdoctoral position in Compound specific stable isotopes in food
The ERA Chair ISO-FOOD “ERA CHAIR FOR ISOTOPE TECHNIQUES IN FOOD QUALITY, SAFETY AND TRACEABILITY” at Jožef Stefan Institute aims at strengthening its research excellence related to food authenticity and traceability using stable isotope approach. We are currently looking for:
A post-doctoral researcher
A position is vacant for a postdoctoral researcher to study the authenticity and provenance determination of food in its widest sense (geographical, manufacturing and cultivation origin) using isotope ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS). The candidate will be investigating traditional bulk analysis methods of H C, N, O and S, emerging stable isotope applications and methods such as compound specific isotopic analysis. It is also expected that the applicant will combine the different isotopic methods with chemometric approaches for food authentication. We are seeking an applicant with expertise in Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry (IRMS) particularly in compound-specific isotope analysis. The selected candidate will combine laboratory experiments and analytical measurements. The new team member will work within a dynamic and interdisciplinary international research environment, with the possibility to learn new techniques and skills. He/she is expected to critically evaluate and improve the approach, where appropriate, providing opportunity for putting their own stamp on the research.
Profile and requirements
You hold (or obtain during the application period) a doctoral degree (PhD) in either Chemistry (Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Food-Chemistry, Bio-chemistry, Bio-engineering) or Environmental Science;
- You are familiar with concepts related to food sample preparation and state-of–the-art analytical instrumentation in the field of isotope ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS) including GC-C-IRMS;
- You are highly motivated to work in an international, dynamic environment;
- You have excellent English communication writing and presentation skills;
- You are quality-oriented and creative and have demonstrated organization skills;
- A record of publications in quality, peer-reviewed journals in the field of food/organic/analytical/environmental chemistry.
Tenure: A position at the postdoctoral level (max 2 years) open to international candidates for an initial one year fixed-term contract, extendable with additional year after positive evaluation.
Location: Jožef Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Salary: According to institute standard remuneration rates.
How to apply?
- Applicants must send the required supporting documents, updated CV, intention letter and two recommendation letters to firstname.lastname@example.org until 30.1.2017.
- For questions about the profile and the job description, please contact ERA Chair Holder Dr David Heath (email@example.com).
The Jožef Stefan Institute is as an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation.
Trackback from your site.