Presentations & Videos
- Milena Horvat, 11 January 2015, My View on Science ( link na https://4d.rtvslo.si/arhiv/moj-pogled-na-znanost/174313815)
- Milena Horvat, 5 November 2015, Let’s bite the Science: How dangerous is mercury? (link na (http://4d.rtvslo.si/arhiv/ugriznimo-znanost/174369484)
- Ester Heath, 16 March 2017, Let’s bite the Science: Residues of pharmaceuticals in the environment (link https://4d.rtvslo.si/arhiv/ugriznimo-znanost/174460695)
- Nives Ogrinc, 14 December 2017, Let’s bite the Science: On the footsteps of food (link na http://4d.rtvslo.si/arhiv/ugriznimo-znanost/174508187 )
- Milena Horvat, 7 March 2014: Mercury in the food and the environment (link na: http://videolectures.net/znanostnacesti_horvat_zivo_srebro/?q=horvat%20milena )
- Nives Ogrinc, 8 April 2015: Safety and traceability of food on Slovenian market (link na: http://videolectures.net/znanostnacesti_ogrinc_sledljivost_zivil/?q=ogrinc )
- Barbara Koroušuć Seljak, 19 May 2016: What do a computer, grandma and antique physician from Kos have in common? (link na http://videolectures.net/znanostnacesti_korousic_seljak_kaj_imajo_skupnega/?q=barbara%20Korou%C5%A1i%C4%87%20seljak )
- Ester Heath, 23 June 2016: Residues of pharmaceuticals in the environment and drinking water (link na http://videolectures.net/znanostnacesti_heath_okolje_pitna_voda/?q=heath )
Interesting podcast with Mojca Korošec about quality of food and consumer.
Our PhD student Tome Eftimov presented the paper “Ingredients matching in bakery products” on the Conference on Data Mining and Data Warehouses (SiKDD 2015), which was part from the 18th International Multiconference on Information Society, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Recently, Dr James Gillies from CERN visited JSI and gave us an interesting lecture with the title “Communicating CERN – what we do and why it matters”.
The open day at the “Jozef Stefan” Institute is part of “Stefan’s days” that are organized every year in late March to celebrate the anniversary of Jožef Stefan’s birth. ISO-FOOD takes opportunity to open its doors to visitors – y ou are invited to visit our ISO-FOOD stand and our labs during guided tours at the Reactor centre in Podgorica and at the Institute’s main facility in Ljubljana . For details please follow the instructions at the Institiutes’ web page (link na: www.ijs.si).
Visitors are invited to gather every full hour (at 9h, 10h, 11h, 12h and 13h) in front of the main entrance (Jamova 39) to join a one hour guided tour. The programmes are: substance, robotics, bio-chemo-physics, information technology and the environment.
Visitors can also attend a one hour “School of experimental chemistry” workshop, where visitors will have the chance to participate in experiments.
Every full hour from 10 am to 1 pm there will be organized transport (departure from Jamova 39) to the Reactor Centre – JSI unit in Podgorica, where visitors will be able to see one of the Slovenian accelerators, the laboratories of the Department of Environmental Sciences, an exhibition on nuclear technology and the Triga nuclear research reactor.
TV broadcast Moj pogled na znanost
Welcome to the broadcast, in which Prof Milena Horvat presents the science behind ISO-FOOD.
ARRS lecture Excellent in Science
Prof Nives Ogrinc’s lecture on Source identification and sedimentary record of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in Lake Bled (NW Slovenia) using stable carbon isotopes.
Kick-off meeting, October 2014
About the ERA Chair ISO-FOOD
Food traceability and fingerprints
Speciation of elements in food stuff
- Prof Milena Horvat (Mercury)
- Zdenka Šlejkovec (Arsenium)
- Tea Zuliani (Al, Cr, Zn)
- Prof Vekoslava Stibilj (Selenium)
Radionuclides in food and water
Nanoparticles in food
Data management and support