Three Post Doctoral Research Fellowships in food safety and authenticity
Three Post Doctoral Fellowships are available at Slovenia’s leading research institute Jožef Stefan Institute. The institute is looking to strengthen its research excellence in relation to food safety, authenticity and traceability. Fellowships are available in the following fields:
1) Organic analysis
2) Stable Isotope analysis
The selected candidates will combine laboratory experiments and analytical measurements in the field of food research. The new team members will work within a dynamic and interdisciplinary international research environment, with the possibility to learn new techniques and skills. He/she is expected to critically evaluate and improve the approach, where appropriate, providing opportunity for putting their own stamp on the research.
Profile and requirements
- You hold (or obtain during the application period) a doctoral degree (PhD) in Chemistry (Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Food-Chemistry, Bio-chemistry, Bio-engineering (Chemistry), and Environmental Science;
- You are familiar with concepts related to food sample preparation and state-of–the-art analytical instrumentation including GC, LC hyphenated with tandem and high resolution MS, IRMS, GC‑C‑IRMS, ICP-MS depending on position applied for;
- You are highly motivated to work in an international, dynamic environment;
- You have good English communication writing and presentation skills;
- You are quality-oriented and creative and have demonstrated organization skills;
- A record of publications in quality, peer-reviewed journals in the field of food/organic/analytical/environmental chemistry.
Tenure: A position at the postdoctoral level (max 2 years) open to international candidates for an initial one-year fixed-term contract, extendable with additional year after positive evaluation. The positions are available immediately.
Salary: According to institute standard remuneration rates, funded through the ISO-FOOD ERA Chair for isotopic techniques in food quality, safety and traceability.
How to apply?
- Applicants must state which position they are applying for and send the following supporting documents: motivation letter, updated CV, and two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org until 25.5.2017.
- For questions about the profile and the job description, please contact ERA Chair Holder Dr David Heath (email@example.com).
The Jožef Stefan Institute is as an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation.
Trackback from your site.